What I can do for you
Alternative title: How you can make money off of hiring me.
I do freelancing work as a software engineer. I focus on improving the following aspects of software systems.
We expect software to work but software still misbehaves a lot. I am passionate about systematic improvements to the robustness of systems.
- Ease of maintenance
Maintenance accounts for more than half of the cost of the software engineering process. Optimising the ease of maintenance can have a significant impact on the cost of maintaining the system.
Removing human involvement in a system is a great way to increase reliability and decrease costs. This is why we build software in the first place. When it comes to maintenance, however, automation is often overlooked.
- Hire me to see if pure functional programming is something for your company
- Hire me to improve your testing situation
- Hire me to improve your deployment situation
- Hire me to find safety-holes in your software
- Hire me to teach a class
- Hire me to write technical documentation
- Hire me to write a blogpost
- Hire me to give a talk